Hobsons Bay City Council operates occasional care for all families of Hobsons Bay who require care for a child under six years age.
How can I access this service?
Once registered, families can access either permanent (per term) or casual bookings.
Each term 10 permanent places are made available in each session. The booking date and process for booking these 10 places is advertised in advance. The remaining five places are booked casually by telephone each week.
A waiting list is created if needed and families will be contacted if a place becomes available.
An enrolment form must be completed prior to a child attending a session.
Families who live, work or pay rates in Hobsons Bay will be given priority access to the program. Families who don’t meet this criteria will be placed on a waiting list and offered places if they become available.
Occasional Child Care: runs from the centre every Thursday & Friday [during school terms] 8.45am – 12.45
Bookings & Enquiries phone Hobsons Bay City Council Family Services Department: 9932 1528
Occasional Care provides opportunities for
- Children to interact and socialise with their peers and educators
- Children to engage in activities that support their learning and development
- Parents to take a break
- Parent to attend appointments
What is provided?
- Professional, qualified and experienced educators
- Variety of activities and experiences which encourage learning development and social skills
- Indoor and outdoor program
- Nutritional snacks for morning tea
At Occasional Care
- We believe that children learn through play and develop independence by making choices and expressing themselves
- We create a safe and welcoming environment for children to develop a sense of belonging
- we believe all children equally have the right to be heard and have fun. We achieve this through our interaction relationships and experiences
- We believe that families are the most important people in children’s lives and we share and value their knowledge of the children
- We develop respectful relationships with families, acknowledging, accepting and celebrating cultural diversity
- We believe it is important for families to feel connected to the community. It is our role to support families in building these relationships
Hobsons Bay City Council sets the fees. Fees are charged per session per child. Reduced rates apply for families with more than one child attending a session or parents with a current Health Care Card.
Fees for permanent (term) bookings are paid in advance for the term. Fees for casual bookings are made at the program on the day of attendance.
What do I need to bring to Occasional Care for my child?
- a bag with a spare set of clothes
- favourite toy or comforter
- coat and gum boots in winter
- sunhat and sunscreen (1 Sep – 30 April)
Giving kids a great start to support learning and development
Strengthen your Knowledge about Childrens learning and development through play.
Participate in fun activities and spend quality time with your child.
Build your confidence as a parent/guardian through informal modelling and discussions on a range of weekly topics.
Learn about local services.
Weekly group sessions of fun and social activities for parents and pre school children.
Tuesday 10am – 12noon (Funded through the Department of Education and Training)
Hobsons Bay City Council operate a range of Supported Playgroups across the Municipality for families with Children 0-5. These weekly 2 hour sessions are run by trained early Years Professionals and provide a safe and educational space where Children and Parents/guardians can meet and have fun whilst making new friends and learning new skills.